/ HEALTH AND SAFETY AT THE COMMUNITIES
Your well-being - and the well being of our communities – is our top priority. Please take a moment to read the precautions and policies WVU will implement this fall to keep you safe.
These policies are effective immediately in preparation for the fall semester and the need to minimize the spread of COVID-19. Failure by a student to follow these requirements could result in sanctions under the West Virginia University Campus Student Conduct Code.
- Residents are required to wear masks in all public spaces where residents may interact with others in close proximity, when distancing is not possible.
- When possible,
residents are always expected to stay at least six feet away from each other.
- Residents are required to follow all posted directional signage and capacity limits of designated spaces (e.g., elevators).
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your property manager. We will work with local, state and federal health government experts to provide the safest and healthiest living community for our residents and staff. We encourage our residents to visit coronavirus.wvu.edu for the latest guidelines. We have also provided additional guidance on how to protect yourself and your fellow Mountaineers.
We’re confident that together, we will create a safe WVU home for
/ PROPERTY TOURS
- All tours will need to be scheduled in advance, by contacting the property directly.
- Each tour is scheduled for an hour to allow for proper cleaning/disinfecting time.
- Two person per tour max, plus the tour guide.
- Masks are required at all times and physical distancing where possible is strongly encouraged.
- Sitting or leaning on furniture is not permitted.
- Doors are propped open so handles are not touches. Any door unable to be propped can only be opened by the staff member giving the tour.
- After each tour, proper disinfecting will take place in all areas where the tour occurred.
- Guest cards will be filled out and submitted using personal electronic devices.
- After each tour, guests will be provided with a thank you gift of a WVU mask, individually bagged, and a single hand sanitizer - per person. (while supplies last)
/ IF YOU ARE IN QUARANTINE OR ISOLATION
PACKAGE/MAIL SERVICES AND MAINTENANCE REQUESTS
You must register with the University Apartments support team to receive these special services.
Since residents are not allowed to leave their apartment, the support team will coordinate the delivery of any packages and mail to your door.
If any maintenance is required within your apartment, please contact us directly
submitting a request
and we will evaluate how best to address the issue. Non-emergency repairs may be
delayed until after your quarantine and/or isolation period ends.
Failure to comply means that you may be putting others at risk of exposure, even if you are an asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic carrier of COVID-19.