Fall 2020 Move-In Information: August 1 - August 14
University Apartments invites residents to move in beginning on August 1, 2020 and running through August 14, 2020.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and concerns expressed by the Monongalia County Commission, University Apartments has adjusted its move in process to begin on August 1 and extend through August 14. The health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and community are our highest priority and we are all in this together.
The move-in process was developed with guidance from public health officials and medical professionals. It limits contact and expedites the check-in process. Increased cleaning of public spaces and high touch items will take place throughout the move-in. To prioritize the health and safety of our students and staff as part of WVU's ongoing response to COVID-19, residents are asked to schedule a time to check-in and receive keys and parking permits.
Please reschedule if you experience symptoms of COVID-19 in the days preceding your move-in time slot; email UniversityApartments@mail.wvu.edu.
If you are coming from out-of-state, be sure to check for any orders or guidance that limit travel. Residents who move-in from out of state may be subject to self-quarantine requirements.
MOVE-IN DATES AND SCHEDULING PROCESS
- Move-in will begin Saturday, August 1 and continue through Friday, August 14. (Sundays excluded)
strongly encouraged to register for a move-in time slot to pick-up their
keys and begin the move-in process. Anyone arriving for move-in who is not scheduled
on that day and time will experience a delay in accessing their apartment and
not be allowed to move-in until the next available time slot. This is to maintain
the highest possible level of safety.
Starting Monday, July 6 - Residents should login at
myhousing.wvu.edu/universityapartments/ to select a time slot. Only spaces
in their apartment complex will be available for selection. WVU login credentials
are required to complete the registration process.
Time slots are available Monday through Saturday beginning at 9am each day. Time
slots end around 4:00 p.m. or 4:30 p.m.; time slots are 30 minutes. NO move-in
times are available on Sundays.
- Registration must be completed at least 48 hours prior to arrival. You will receive a reminder email 48 hours ahead of your scheduled slot containing details about your move-in day.
Residents should plan to be at their apartment community and ready to complete the
check-in process promptly at the beginning of their designated time slot.
Registration changes may be made up to 48 hours prior to arrival; residents may access
the system to make any changes, including cancellations, prior to the 48-hour
window. If within 48 hours, residents should email
UniversityApartments@mail.wvu.edu for instructions.
- Residents unable to move-in between August 1 and August 14 due to travel restrictions or other extreme circumstances should email their property managers to coordinate alternative times.
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
- Residents must limit the number of helpers to just one (1) person. To minimize the number of people in an apartment at one time, please coordinator move-in with your roommates.
- Residents are required to wear masks in all hallways, lobbies, stairwells, elevators, offices, shuttle vehicles, and any other space where residents may interact with others in close proximity when distancing is not possible. Masks are not required within an apartment; although, roommates may mutually agree that masks are to be worn in common spaces within an apartment.
o Please bring personal protective equipment for each person participating in move-in. The CDC has guidelines on cloth face coverings to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
o Each community will have
a limited supply of masks and gloves for move-in, should you need some supplied.
- Physical distancing practices must be followed in all public spaces. When possible, residents are always expected to stay at least six (6) feet away from each other. In certain locations, however, the University may post or explicitly require that certain distancing requirements be utilized (e.g., within our leasing offices).
- Residents are required to follow all posted directional signage and capacity limits of designated spaces (e.g., elevators).
- WVU staff will clean and sanitize high-touch areas and moving carts throughout the day. Residents will be responsible for their private spaces within their apartments.
- Complete the COVID-19 education module. The module will be available August 4.
For more information on the module please visit the
Return to Campus website.
- If you are moving in with residents who already currently reside in the apartment,
please contact them ahead of time to notify them of when you expect to arrive.
- Have all mandatory forms filled out and submitted ahead of scheduled arrival time, which will expedite the move-in process. These forms are available during the registration for a time slot in the myhousing portal. No one will be issued apartment keys until this paperwork is complete.
○ An email was sent to
student MIX accounts in mid-June with communications on room details, what to bring,
to expect. If you did not receive this email, notify your leasing office and they
will forward it on.
- Due to supply shortages, residents are encouraged to purchase supplies in advance of their arrival to Morgantown. Some of these items include:
○ Personal protective equipment (PPE), including a mask and gloves
○ Cleaning supplies
○ Paper towels and toilet
- Residents make sure to have their Mountaineer Card with them for move-in. If you do not have your student ID please visit http://idphoto.wvu.edu and follow all of the on-screen requirements. You will need to make sure to upload both your ID photo and proof of identification. Shortly after, you’ll receive an email approval or denial. If your photo is denied, you will need to upload a new one that meets the requirements. If approved, you will receive information about obtaining your card from card services. If you have any questions about the photo upload process, please review their knowledge base article.
The offices will have a very limited number of carts available. We recommend residents
to bring a dolly, cart, and/or any other items they expect to need to successfully
move into their apartment.
From August 1 through August 14, the leasing office hours will be 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. We request that you email or call us with any questions or concerns you have. If you need to meet with the property manager, please email or call to set-up an appointment.